About the Journal
FOCUS AND SCOPE
- Arquivos de Zoologia - ISSN (online) 2176-7793 and ISSN (print) 0066-7870 - primarily covers the areas of Zoology, publishing original contributions in systematics, paleontology, evolutionary biology, ecology, taxonomy, anatomy, behavior, functional morphology, molecular biology, ontogeny, faunistic studies, biogeography and history of museums and collections of natural history.
- The journal is of interest to researchers and professionals from Zoology, Biodiversity, Ecology, Biology and related areas.
- The journal also encourages the submission of theoretical and empirical studies that explore the principles and methods of systematics.
- Its abbreviated title is Arq. Zool., which should be used in bibliographies, footnotes, bibliographical references, and strips.
- All contributions must follow the rules and recommendations of the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature (ICZN).
- Relevant specimens must be deposited in national or international public museums or collections.
- Tissue samples should be referred to their voucher specimens and all nucleotide sequence data (aligned as well as unaligned) should be submitted to GenBank or European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL).
- ZooBank is the Official Register of the International Code on Zoological Nomenclature (ICZN) for registration of new nomenclatural acts, published works, and authors.
- The editorial team of Arquivos de Zoologia is going to register articles that contain nomenclatural acts in ZooBank. Such articles will receive a Life Sciences Identifier (LSID) that is going to be included in the published version.
- The registration of new names in ZooBank is recommended (not a requirement) to authors.
- Regular, semiannual (June and December).
DIGITAL ARCHIVING AND PRESERVATION
- The journal is part of PKP Preservation Network (PN), which uses the LOCKSS system for digital preservation of journal's content (Access the LOCKSS Publisher Manifest page here).
AUTHOR GUIDELINES, POLICIES, AND SUBMISSION PROCESS
- For more on Peer Review Process, the Journal Policies and Author Guidelines see the Author Guidelines Section.
- For submissions, click here.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
- All content of the journal, except where identified, is licensed under a Creative Commons attribution-type CC-BY.
- This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
COPYRIGHTS AND PERMISSIONS
- Articles accepted for publication become property of Arquivos de Zoologia.
- This is an open-access journal which means that all content is immediately freely available without charge to the public under Creative Commons License CC-BY. According to that license, the article and all its content can be shared, adapted, reused, copied, and redistributed in any medium or format, for any lawful purpose, since the authors receive the appropriate credits for their work.
Authors can share the published version of the manuscript with their colleagues and deposit it in institutional repositories when necessary.
- Biological Abstracts
- BIOSIS Previews
- Directory of Open Access Journal (DOAJ)
- Diretório de Políticas Editoriais das Revistas Científicas Brasileiras (DIADORIM)
- Latindex (Catálogo 2.0)
- Portal Brasileiro de Publicações e Dados Científicos em Acesso Aberto (OASISBR)
- Sherpa Romeo
- Zoological Records
- The online version of the journal has open and free access.
- Museu de Zoologia maintains exchange agreements with several national and foreign institutions, libraries, and museums that receive the print version of the journal.
SPONSORS AND/OR SOURCES OF SUPPORT
- Published with the financial support of the Program of Support for Periodical Scientific Publications of USP.