About the Journal
FOCUS AND SCOPE
- Papéis Avulsos de Zoologia (PAZ) – ISSN (online) 1807-0205 and ISSN (print) 0031-1049 – primarily covers the areas of Zoology, publishing original contributions in systematics, paleontology, evolutionary biology, ecology, taxonomy, anatomy, behavior, functional morphology, molecular biology, ontogeny, faunistic studies, and biogeography.
- The journal is of interest to researchers and professionals from Zoology, Biodiversity, Ecology, Biology, and related areas.
- The journal also encourages the submission of theoretical and empirical studies that explore the principles and methods of systematics.
- Its abbreviated title is Avulsos Zool., which should be used in bibliographies, footnotes, bibliographical references, and strips.
- All contributions must follow the rules and recommendations of the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature (ICZN Code).
- Relevant specimens must be deposited in national or international public museums or collections.
- Tissue samples should be referred to their voucher specimens and all nucleotide sequence data (aligned as well as unaligned) should be submitted to GenBank or European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL).
- The journal has adopted a continuous flow of publication (rolling pass) in a single annual volume from 2018 on.
- ZooBank is the Official Register of the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature (ICZN Code) for registration of new nomenclatural acts, published works, and authors.
- The editorial team of Papéis Avulsos de Zoologia is going to register articles that contain nomenclatural acts in ZooBank. Such articles will receive a Life Sciences Identifier (LSID) that is going to be included in the published version.
- The registration of new names in ZooBank is recommended (not a requirement) to authors.
- Continuously updated (which means that the article is published as soon as it is ready for publication).
DIGITAL ARCHIVING AND PRESERVATION
- The journal is part of PKP Preservation Network (PN), which uses the LOCKSS system for digital preservation of the journal's content (Access the LOCKSS Publisher Manifest page here).
AUTHOR GUIDELINES, POLICIES, AND SUBMISSION PROCESS
- For more on Peer Review Process, the Journal Policies and Author Guidelines see the Author Guidelines Section.
- For submissions, click here.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
- All content of the journal, except where identified, is licensed under a Creative Commons attribution-type CC-BY.
- This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
COPYRIGHTS AND PERMISSIONS
- Articles accepted for publication become the property of Papéis Avulsos de Zoologia.
- This is an open-access journal which means that all content is immediately freely available without charge to the public under Creative Commons attribution-type CC-BY. According to that license, the article and all its content can be shared, adapted, reused, copied, and redistributed in any medium or format, for any lawful purpose, since the authors receive the appropriate credits for their work.
- Authors can share the published version of the manuscript with their colleagues and deposit it in institutional repositories when necessary.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library (BHL)
- Biological Abstracts
- BIOSIS Previews
- CAB Direct (CABI)
- Directory of Open Access Journal (DOAJ)
- Diretório de Políticas Editoriais das Revistas Científicas Brasileiras (DIADORIM)
- Latindex (Catálogo 2.0)
- Portal Brasileiro de Publicações e Dados Científicos em Acesso Aberto (OASISBR)
- Scientific Electronic Library Online (SciELO)
- Sherpa Romeo
- Zoological Record
- The online journal has open and free access.
- Museu de Zoologia maintains exchange agreements with several national and foreign institutions, libraries, and museums that receive the print version of the journal.
SPONSORS AND/OR SOURCES OF SUPPORT
- Published with the financial support of the Program of Support for Periodical Scientific Publications of USP.
- Papéis Avulsos de Zoologia is a publication of the Museu de Zoologia da Universidade de São Paulo (MZUSP).
- Always consult the Instructions to Authors updated on the electronic pages: revistas.usp.br/paz or www.scielo.br/paz.