About the Journal
To disseminate critical and reflective scientific output related to the Public/Collective Health field and the interface between health and social and human sciences; to publicize new approaches to the social dimension of health and health as an object of social analysis (including health sciences and public health); to host the technical output with results of relevant and innovative results for the progress and improvement of health systems; to stimulate the debate on challenging health topics.
Areas of interest
The journal publishes pieces from different fields of expertise related to Public/Collective health. It encompasses the academic output from several branches of the human and social sciences, both the scientific and theoretical output and that referring to intervention proposals and institutional practices linked to its editorial policy.
In 1992, the Director Board of the School of Public Health of the University of São Paulo (FSP - USP) and of São Paulo’s Public Health Association (APSP) have partnered to carry out an editorial project. From this initiative stemmed the Journal Saúde e Sociedade, which is at present a consolidated reference of the interface between Social and Human Sciences in the fields of Public/Collective Health.
In 2020, with the end of the agreement between the partners, the journal Saúde e Sociedade became a publication of FSP / USP, maintaining as its objective the dissemination of interdisciplinary scientific production in the area.
The abbreviated title of the journal is Saúde Soc., which should be used in bibliographies, footnotes and bibliographical references.
- SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library OnLine
- Thomsom Reuters: Social Sciences Citation Index, Social
- Scisearch, Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- CSA Social Services Abstracts
- CSA Sociological Abstracts
- LILACS - Literatura Latino-Americana em Ciências da Saúde
- Ulrich's International Periodical Directory
- EBSCO Publishing
- Library of Congress Cataloging
- Portal de Revistas da USP
- REDALYC – Sistema de Información Científica Redalyc de Revistas Científicas
- LatinREV – Red Lationamericana de Revistas
- REDIB - Red Iberoamericana de Innovación y Conocimiento Científico
All content of the journal, except where identified, is licensed under a Creative Commons attribution-type BY.
The Saúde e Sociedade adopted until set/2015 the Creative Commons license attribution-type BY-NC. Actually, the license is the attribution-type BY.
Faculdade de Saúde Pública da USP - FSP/USP
Associação Paulista de Saúde Pública - APSP
Ministério da Saúde - MS
Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico - CNPq
Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo - Fapesp