Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced between lines, justified text, and Calibri font, body 11 (eleven) (except for special symbols not included in this font).
- The manuscript presents Title, Abstract and Keywords in ENGLISH.
- When available, DOI number as an active link of the references have been provided.
- Pictures, graphics and illustrations even inserted in the text must necessarily be sent in separate files, in the original format in which they were created.
- All authors’ ORCID ID were included.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- All manuscripts submitted to the journal will be verified in the tool Originality Check (Turnitin) to verify similarity occurrences and prevent duplication or plagiarism occurrences.
- Authors declare that there is no conflict of interest; otherwise, it must be specified in “Comments to the Editor”. A statement must be included at the end of the manuscript.
- The manuscript is not deposited in a preprint repository (to avoid the invalidation of nomenclatural acts and misunderstandings with publication dates).
- An authors’ contributions statement must be included in a section at the end of the article with the individual authors' contributions according to CRediT Taxonomy, for works authored by 2 (two) or more authors.
- In order to verify text similarity and prevent duplication or plagiarism occurrences, all manuscripts will be submitted to the tool Originality Check (Turnitin).
- A Term of Assent and Cession of Copyright should be signed and sent prior to publication. Template here.
- Research grants from funding agencies (the research funder and the grant number) or any financial support were declared in the Acknowledgements section.
- Datasets used in the research, deposited in a scientific research data repository, should be cited in the “Materials and method section” and its reference (with the DOI number) should be included in the reference list.
Responsibility: The scientific content and the opinions expressed in the manuscript are the sole responsibility of the author(s).
Copyrights: Arquivos de Zoologia. The journal is licensed under a Creative Commons attribution-type CC-BY.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.